Ever since my last presentation I’ve been working on the last batch of experiments. After discussing the general setting with Karsten, we decided to use visual stimuli (instead of audiovisual stimuli, like the last time) to evoke emotions. Next to providing some basic results regarding the classification accuracy, the experiments also involve a questionnaire that attempts to … More Experiments. Again!
So, as I mentioned earlier, I had my second intermediary presentation today. You can all stop praying now, because it went well (I think). Since my last blog post I changed a few things in the powerpoint presentation, because of some pointers Karsten gave me during our meeting yesterday. This final version and the new demo video … More Presentation evaluation!
It’s been a while since my last blog post and, boy, have I got news for you! As for the classification challenge I talked about earlier: attributes have been selected, classifiers have been built, accuracies have been documented and the results are here to show for it! Note that a good session is defined by the … More Presentation preparation!
A lot of progress was made during the last couple of days… For starters, I extended the feature set to also include statistics that are calculated from the first and second derivatives of each sensor value stream, resulting in a total of 1560 features. Since this is quite a lot to take in, I made use … More Classification madness
Due to a couple of other project deadlines, it’s been a while since my last post. However, here I am now and this is what’s going on: Karsten finally received the IAPS data, which he immediately forwarded to me so that it can be used in subsequent experiment settings I found the time to collect … More Easter holiday activities
As I explained in my last blog post, I conducted some experiments this week. I managed to convince 11 people to participate in the study and I’m fairly pleased with this number. However, since I’m leaving for Paris tomorrow morning, the analysis of the collected data will have to wait another week. Another thing worth mentioning is … More Leaving for Paris
The time has finally come to start the experiments. For those of you who are wondering “What kind of experiments? Is that badass really going to test on humans?!”: I can assure you, my experiments are perfectly safe. Here’s a little more information about the setup… So, before starting the actual experiment, an account is … More Time for some experiments
Hey all! Just a quick update to keep you informed about my progress. I heard back from the University of Geneva and got access to their affective film library, so I can start setting up the experiments now. Furthermore, I created a new icon for my app: And, last but not least, some bad news … More Affective film library, new logo and Empatica troubles
The time has finally come to reveal… THE FEEDBACK WHEEL! It’s hip, it’s now, it’s wow. And how! Since there wasn’t any code readily available online to draw an option wheel with an adaptable amount of slices, I had to create it myself. This of course meant that I had to draw the wheel from … More Episode XVI: dawn of the feedback wheel
It’s been quite a busy week for me… Last Friday, I got a contract offer from Exellys, so great news! Too bad that’s also the time when I started to get sick, I think it might be a minor flu… Oh well, they’ll have to come up with some pretty ugly disease to keep me and … More Changing the app dataflow, restructuring the DB and waiting for the dead to rise